After having had so much trouble lately with the blog and on the internet, I'm starting out fresh here once again. There are way too many bugs in my system, but I'll wait until my daughter comes out here from Hawaii to try to fix them. Meanwhile, I'm starting over on the blog once more, thanking faithful readers for still bearing with me. Some empty spaces that I am unable to close still show up on the blog online, though that may also depend on the receiver and on any glitches in their own system. Let's see how it goes this time. Your patience is appreciated; we will eventually straighten everything out.
YOU Tube, Trump EMBARRASSED by crowd's MASS EXODUS from his 'Great American State Fair' speech
Fact check: Trump is approaching 10 years of telling his Michigan ‘Man of the Year’ lie Hint: Trump was never actually named Michigan's "Man of the Year," but since he's told that story so often, he may have come to believe it himself. Check on Google for some of Trump's more memorable lies, though even that is not a comprehensive list.
The following article, written by a registered independent and former Republican, deciphers some of the high jinks behind the Trump administration's war reporting. (Hint: there actually have been more mistakes and casualties in the Iran war than were officially reported.)
Shriver's Last Great Peace Corps Speech
|
Sargent Shriver's foundational work and speeches regarding the Peace Corps have been extensively chronicled by former PC volunteer and writer John Coyne on platforms like Peace Corps Worldwide.
John Coyne is the author of many books, both fiction and non-fiction. He was an early Peace Corps volunteer in Ethiopia.
So now AI can make war decisions on its own? That doesn't wise. AI can decide on life and death for humans?
=================================================
Some good news now! I've finally heard from Sirley Avila, the Cuban woman I'd brought to this country after her hand had been chopped off by a neighbor in Cuba in response to her outspoken critiques of the government there. She now lives in Miami. That mutilation happened more than 10 years ago. It now seems that she has only one son and that he and his family have stayed back in Cuba. I do need to find out more about her and her current situation.
Here's a message I've sent to Cuban American colleagues in Florida. asking them to please look in on her. There is nothing recent about her or from her on the internet, so I had even thought she might have died or have returned to Cuba.
Here is a recent message from her. Gracias Barbara, que Dios le bendiga y siga dándole larga vida, mi hijo en Cuba, no pude sacarlo, ya usted sabe, Cuba cada día peor, un abrazo, Sirley. .

No comments:
Post a Comment