I have already posted Saturday, with some odd spaces still remaining there, so let's see now about Sunday. Sorry for the gaps. Readers can see that I'm really having a very hard time. Probably the blog should never be uploaded any more in the afternoon. I may have to go back to writing it first as a document, then try to copy and upload it from there. I wish my daughter Stephanie were here to advise me right now, but she may not be coming for another month or so. A big space follows after the next headline, so I'm warning readers right now. Just keep on scrolling down after that.
Wash. Post, Trump rejects Iran’s proposal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, restart peace talks
Trump started this war all on his own, so this now is his war, meaning that he alone will decide when and how to end it. Iran has little to say in the matter.
============================== ==================

============================== ====Then another big gap. ======================
============================== ==============================
Lesbian and gay bars have seen shrinking attendance as folks now just meet on line.
Most such bars have already been closed, marking the end of an era.
==============================The heading below goes with the photo above,
Here below is a recent message from a former Cuban prisoner who was released 42 years ago, a release which I had facilitated and witnessed back then. He is a man whose memoirs and even poetry I'd then later translated into English completely pro-bono, without ever mentioning my own name there as translator. (No translator is even mentioned.)
In English, we always want to be concise and direct. In Spanish, we would usually not say something so very bluntly, rather would embellish it a bit. I don't know how Google handles such nuances in its online translations. Every language has its own particular style, reflecting the cultural practices associated with it.
So get out your own Google translator right now. I suspect that most translations are done currently by artificial intelligence. So are they also being culturally sensitive?
| Sat, Sep 26, 3:22 PM (19 hours ago) | |||
| ||||
Querida Barbara: De acuerdo a lo que yo recuerdo, la excarcelación y salida de parte de los presos que habían extinguido previamente la totalidad de sus sanciones, fue debido a una gestión, en 1984, del reverendo Jesse Jackson. Nada tuvo que ver, que yo sepa, ni en eso ni en el traslado a USA del grupo de los excarcelados, la organización Hermanos al Rescate.
.... Un abrazo.
Ernesto Diaz
So, did we make it to end here? Let's stop for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment