The previous blog post has a substantial gap, with some wording there being left incomplete. But the blog deities kept on thwarting me and interfering whenever I tried to fill in that gap, so after a very frustrating 2 hours, I just gave up and went to bed. I even had waited until after midnight to try to remedy the problem, hoping for reduced internet traffic by then, but that didn't help at all, as the airwaves seemed still too overcrowded. So then I just uploaded the post anyway, gap or not.
Are the ancient deities now interfering here again?Wash. Post, CNN, MS NOW and Politico seek emergency hearing, saying White House is defying order to lift ban
A judge ordered the White House to temporarily restore journalists’ credentials and said the ban was probably unconstitutional. But some were still denied access on Thursday, then, finally, the journalists were allowed inside, as per the court order.
Trump has revived his completely counter-productive deportation drive when what we actually need in this country are more workers, not fewer! Those whom Donald Trump is ejecting now are working-age adults, coming here because we still have jobs for them to do. Trump simply doesn't have basic common sense, just pandering now to his misinformed base. How about having Trump try to educate them for a change? If more Americans actually started meeting with more of those coming here from elsewhere, they might find that quite interesting and even valuable. Our country has a long history of welcoming newcomers, which is how our nation first became populated, though there is still plenty of room for even more folks. There are several shuttered houses right here in Berkeley Springs, apparently abandoned, just waiting for new occupants. Even now, jobs here are going unfilled.
Help Wanted signs are posted at every business,
==================
Wash. Post, Trump called the MMR vaccine potentially lethal. His FDA pick says it’s safe. What may actually be lethal is coming down with measles or another illness targeted by the vaccine.
Even chickenpox, in rare cases, can be devastating. In Honduras, I met several people with lifelong health problems, after telling me that was because they had never been vaccinated. One young woman using a wheelchair said she had even become partially paralyzed with chickenpox after never having been vaccinated for anything. Though it might have been a little late, she vowed to get all possible vaccinations from then on.
NY Times, The phrase "From 16,000 to zero" refers to the swift collapse of Donald Trump's allegations regarding widespread illegal voting by noncitizens in Nevada.
Would Donald Trump ever be likely to say: "Hey, folks, so sorry now, I was wrong this time. I really thought noncitizens were voting in Nevada, but, as it turns out, that wasn't happening after all. I want to set the record straight now to tell you that only bona fide US citizens were the ones actually voting there. Nevada officials have been really doing a very good job on that." Would Mr. Trump ever say that? Of course not, that's just not his style. Anyone waiting for Trump to say he was ever wrong, that he had actually made a mistake and will correct it, shouldn't start holding their breath.
The next presidential contest may already be shaping up, at least on the Republican side--a competition between vice president JD Vance and Secretary of State Marco Rubio. Both are family men married to their first wife, each with 4 kids, and both are Catholic, although Vance is a convert and his wife has not joined him in his new religion. So we just need to keep posted on them both.
I've never met Vance nor seen him in person. But as has been reported here before, I did once have a long conversation in Spanish and English with Rubio on a flight from Florida to DC. He impressed me very favorably back then. Though I can't imagine ever voting for a Republican myself, let's see who the next presidential candidates are on both sides before I decide on my vote for next time.
New Trump-focused "Love Me" ad campaign paid for by taxpayers hits airwaves
Donald Trump seems still to be aiming at being declared the greatest US president since Abraham Lincoln.
Trump’s approval plunges into the 20s, and Republicans give up
Government can use Social Security data to identify
noncitizen voters, Supreme Court rules
Trump wants to let states use a federal database that includes voters’ personal information
to check for noncitizens on voter rolls.
Donald Trump is hell-bent on identifying non-citizens and getting them out of our
country. If he just let them stay long enough, they might become citizens and even
become his supporters.
Diesel is at record high prices. Google says:
The absolute clearest corporate winners are companies that provide payment processing
and fuel management services for commercial truck fleets.
As has been mentioned before on these pages, 99% of the time that a woman is killed at home, an
outside intruder is never involved, rather her own husband has perpetrated the deed. Why do so many
husbands murder their wives? Maybe the wife, like Lisa Bradford, was highly successful and well-loved
in the community, so her husband was envious. Many reasons are possible. More rarely does a wife ever
murder her husband and when she does, she often says it's because he has been abusive.
===============================================
I've asked my Cuban friend living in Florida why he has now posted a photo on Facebook of us together in Cuba some years ago. The photo shows us standing together in the surf in Cuba. After that photo was taken, I had brought him out of Cuba those many years ago because he has a lifelong medical condition and was unable then to get his necessary meds in Cuba. I'd found him because he had sent a letter in Spanish to the Occupational Therapy Association where I was working at the time, asking for help with his meds, a letter given to me to translate. He had sent out many such letters to health-related organizations in the US, but I was the only one who ever responded--luckily for him, because I did get him out.
First I got him a visa to Mexico, since the US was not giving Cubans any visas at the time. Then I met him there in Mexico and taking him by the hand, we just walked together across the US border where I showed my passport to the border guards, smiled, and spoke to them in English. They then let us pass, which would never happen today.
I've asked him why he has now posted this old photo of us in Cuba on Facebook and he has not yet replied.
=======================================================================
Good morning, Barbara
Are you available for a Job in Washington DC for 9/28/26 at 9:00 AM for 2 hours 30 minutes? Job # 1895559
No comments:
Post a Comment