Monday, July 27, 2026

Karma

 

What is karma? What is poetic justice? Are they even real?  The two actually are linked, but have slightly different meanings. According to karma, every physical deed, spoken word, and mental choice acts as a seed that generates a proportionate result.  That means:

  • Virtue is rewarded.

So these days Donald Trump appears uncertain about what to do regarding Iran, also about a whole lot of other things. Yet he is still our US president and still needs to keep on making decisions. Unfortunately, his mind has become increasingly befuddled. Maybe he really doesn't remember raping E. Jean Carroll after all, or even recall having met her. He's forgotten a whole lot of things.

                                That could occur with aging. I know because memory glitches have also been                                        happening to me. But unlike Donald Trump, I am well aware of them. I                                                     try to compensate by making notes and even by writing this blog.


   Such memory glitches, on average, may even occur earlier in men than than in                                       women, as women's telomeres are actually longer. This difference in length                                              starts early in life, even before birth, and may help explain why women tend to                                       live longer than men. 

                                Women also have 2 X chromosomes, while men have only                                       one. Among Americans age 100, there are more than 3 women for every one man.                                    So, which then, is the stronger gender?


                       Now at age 80, Trump is becoming increasingly confused about so many things.

My late father, Leonard J. Currie, was born in Alberta and I still have family members living there now. With Trump as the US president, I've been tempted to go live in Canada until he actually leaves office. However, I am not very fond of cold winters and Alberta has plenty of them.

===============================================

As we wait impatiently for Donald Trump to finally leave office, a friend my own age  now observes:
One consolation is though we are older, our memories and mental capacities are not as bad as the president’s. He is on all kinds of meds and has handlers around him all the time. But I think he is worse than Biden. Biden’s handlers and his wife should never have let him participate in that CNN debate. Having said that, I did not want him to run again.
  
My friend then continues:
Mental capacities do change and sometimes they deteriorate in yrs 75-85. I know what I went through. So I would support Congressional age limits. But testing can be manipulated, especially by people like Trump. Remember that Roy Cohn was his mentor; so the ghost of Roy Cohn is still with us. Cohn lived at 5th and Independence in the 70’s. He operated out of a house in DC and then continued in NYC. Talk about a mentally warped person! 
=================================================
I consider myself lucky to have engaged in a variety of careers, while also helping my blind husband daily and taking care of our four kids. 
I had once worked as a social worker and as a juvenile probation officer, even more recently as a Spanish medical interpreter and translator, and for more than 16 years, I worked at the American Occupational Therapy Association, though not actually a therapist myself. 
Google says: Occupational therapy (OT) is a healthcare profession that helps people of all ages improve, regain, or maintain the skills needed for daily living and working. 

OT is focused not only on someone's mental and physical abilities, like being able to do a push-up or to write a full sentence, but on how those abilities are used by the individual in daily life. Daily activities important to a person may include bathing, dressing, shopping, communicating with others, and participating in religious services, or whatever else is important to that person. =======================================

The Hill

GOP senators warn confidence in Hegseth eroding as Iran war drags on

Of course, some of us never had any confidence whatever in Pete Hegseth, beginning with his war-crimes' attacks on surrendering Caribbean boaters, just fishing out in international waters. His ideas for reviewing military readiness are completely bonkers as well. 

As previously mentioned, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., is another woefully mistaken federal hire. 

It all probably started with the very first mistake that voters had made, by choosing Donald J. Trump as our president to begin with.   

So is there any cloudy weather ahead now for Donald Trump, Pete Hegseth, and RFK Jr.?  Let's hope they will all be gone soon. But we need to find some new faces among Democrats to challenge them next time.
How about checking that long border with Mexico instead? 

No comments:

Post a Comment